Here are 3 tips to help you prepare for the start of the Fall 2021 semester:
- Check your student email and student portal slc.me often. Important campus updates, semester information, and program delivery updates will be sent to your student email. slc.me connects you to important college services and resources.
- Connect with us! Follow SLC on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for information about student life, events, breaking news, and more.
- Download your student engagement app, URSLC. The app connects you to campus resources, clubs, virtual events, your fellow students, and much more. Download from the App Store / Google Play or Login Here on your computer. Sign in with your slc.me username and password.
Fall 2021 semester FAQ
The Q&A below will help you prepare for the upcoming semester. The information confirms details for courses beginning in September and applies to first-year and returning students. Updates will be added in the coming weeks as more information is available.
When does the fall semester start and end?
SLC READY (SLC Services Fair & Pre-Orientation Programs): August
- Orientation Day: Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- First day of classes: Wednesday, September 8, 2021 (most programs)
- Last day of classes: Friday, December 17, 2021 (most programs)
When is fall break week?
- October 25-29, 2021
Are there classes on stat holidays?
No, the College shuts down operations on stat holidays. There will be no classes on the following stat holiday:
- Monday, October 11 (Thanksgiving)
What is Alternative Delivery?
Courses will be delivered through alternate virtual formats and will be led by a professor using synchronous and asynchronous instruction and technology-enabled communication.
Watch this video to learn about what you can expect.
St. Lawrence College has been approved as a Designated Learning Institute (DLI) by the Ontario Government. The College's COVID-19 readiness plan has been approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Therefore, it may now be possible for you to travel to Canada if you meet the requirements from IRCC and follow these steps to prepare for travel.
When will I receive my booklist and timetable?
Your timetable and booklists will be posted on your slc.me account closer to the start of the fall semester.
Students' OSAP will be released after timetables have been confirmed.
Where can I find information about student services and supports?
SLC student services and supports are online! From digital library resources and peer tutoring to our Academic Support Centre, we offer numerous resources to support you during your time at SLC, whether you are on or off-campus.
I am worried about how I am doing academically/in my courses. Who do I speak to?
Who can I contact if I still have questions?
Here's a list of contact information for most points of contact and services.
Live Chat with someone! A College representative can be reached by texting 613-801-8580 between the hours of 8am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. If you are using a computer you can click here.
Can I live in Residence?
Yes, if you would like to live on campus, space may be available in our residences. Learn more about our Residences in Kingston, Brockville, and Cornwall.
Commute Ontario has created an online guide for carpooling etiquette, cleaning/disinfecting a vehicle, and vehicle checklist.
To keep everyone safe, here are some helpful tips:
- Avoid carpooling, if possible
- Limit carpooling to a member of your academic cohort, if possible
- Stay home if the driver or the passenger is ill
- Wear a mask or face covering over the nose, mouth, and chin
- Maintain physical distancing requirements by limiting the number of passengers in the vehicle
- Follow hand washing and cough etiquette
- Have hand sanitizer in the vehicle
- Avoid recirculating air during transport and set the climate control system to circulate fresh air
- Disinfect the vehicle regularly
More information about physical distancing and COVID-19 symptoms can be found on the Government of Ontario’s website.