St. Lawrence College’s - Expression of Interest to Teach
The Expression of Interest in Teaching at St. Lawrence College site is open to all individuals. Current part-time or partial load teaching staff may wish to complete the electronic application to provide an up-to-date resume in consideration of teaching opportunities within other departments across the College. Active employees are not required to complete the application process for previously taught courses.
Welcome to the St. Lawrence College’s Expression of Interest to Teach page. If you are seeking a part-time employment opportunity that permits you to share your industry knowledge and expertise with students pursuing a career in their chosen field, we want to hear from you.
Visit the Program Lists area of our website and determine which of your skills and/or experience match the programs and/or courses we are offering.
Click on the “Apply Now” button below to begin the application process.
What is a Part-Time Professor?
Part-time Professors work up to 6 hours a week, based on course requirements. Becoming a Part-Time Professor provides you with flexibility in your schedule.
Looking for more information before submitting your application? Please contact us at Employ@sl.on.ca.
Part-Time Professor - Ideal Qualifications & Expectations
- Education or Professional Certification or Accreditation: Will vary depending on the available opportunity
- Experience: Will vary depending on the available opportunity
- A relevant combination of education, training and practical industry or lived experience may be considered as meeting the education and experience requirements for a given opportunity
- Teaching experience using a Learning Management System and virtual meeting technology system is required
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level or experience in adult instructions techniques and practice using principles of andragogy and curriculum design experience will be preferred
- A demonstrated practice supporting a diversity of learners is required
- Experience participating in industry-led or community-based applied research is an asset
- A proven track record of life-long learning is required
- A demonstrated commitment to putting “students first” is expected
- Candidates are requested to list all teacher training or equivalent that they possess on their resume
- A global mindset and intercultural knowledge and competence to teach in a global environment including international students is required
- An understanding of the Ontario college system is preferred
- Successful candidates are expected to model and promote our College values of: Students First, Teamwork, Innovation, Integrity and Belonging.