The School of Contemporary Teaching & Learning (SCTL) is responsible for supporting faculty in their teaching practice by designing educational development programming and providing 1-on-1 teaching support on all three campuses (e.g., Brockville, Cornwall, and Kingston).
Our tri-campus school includes a multidisciplinary team of teaching/learning professionals that specialize in Professional Learning, Digital Learning, Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL), and Indigenous Pedagogy. The team includes 13 full-time positions that span across the three campuses as well as select faculty secondments which provides full-time faculty with learning opportunities to expand their practice through peer mentorship.
- Associate Dean, SCTL
- Academic Operations Coordinator
- Educational Developer: SoTL (x2)
- Educational Developer: Indigenous Pedagogy
- Educational Developer: Intercultural Teaching (x2)
- eLearning Developer & Support Technologist
- Digital Learning Technology Administrator
- Digital Learning Specialist (x4)
- Faculty Secondments (multiple)
The tri-campus team supports faculty inquiries using shared departmental email accounts, 1-on-1 consultations, in person/virtual workshops, and frequently distributes teaching resources using the faculty resource page.
Connect with SCTL
- Teaching & Learning inquiries – SCTL@sl.on.ca
- Course Evaluation inquiries – CoursEval@sl.on.ca
- Learning Connections Conference inquiries – LCC@sl.on.ca
- Book a 1-on-1 consultation with us via the SCTL Booking System
- Review our teaching and learning resources via the SCTL website
- Follow our initiatives and department on twitter via @SLCTeachLearn
- Contemporary Educator Program (CEP) - #CEPSLC
- Teaching Effectiveness Program (TEP) - #TEPSLC
- Learning Connections Conference (LCC) - #LCCSLC
*note: you will need your SLC account to view specific resources on this public site.