External scholarships and bursaries are facilitated through the Alumni & Development office.
There are a number of awards available through agencies external to St. Lawrence College. We have listed some of these below with links to the appropriate websites from which you can learn more about the award and information on how to apply. We have also included links to external award search engines.
Disclaimer: The information on this website is provided for the convenience of students only. While every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy and completeness, St. Lawrence College accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in the information provided and no responsibility for the content of the linked, non-St. Lawrence College websites. Students should independently confirm competition details and closing dates by consulting the relevant websites directly.
- Criteria: Dependents of OPSEU/SEFPO members. Check website for more information on each scholarship.
- Deadline: Varies
- Value: Varies
- Website: https://opseu.org/scholarships/
- Any undergraduate or graduate college student currently enrolled in a “healthcare degree” program may apply
- This includes, but is not limited to, degree programs and courseware supporting the following professions: Athletic Trainer, Cardiac Sonographer, Cardiovascular Technologist, Dental Assistant, Dentist, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Electrocardiographic Technician, Emergency Medical Technician, Exercise Scientist/Specialist, Mammographer, Medical Assistant, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Assistant, Paramedic, Pharmacist, Phlebotomist, Physical Therapist, Physician Assistant, Physician, Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist
- Pre-professional programs such as pre-nursing and pre-medicine students are qualified as well. Students begin their coursework but ultimately transfer to another institution to complete their degree.
- Employees and Pacific Medical Training, and their family members, are not eligible to participate in this program.
- All entries become the sole property of Pacific Medical Training.
- Proof of enrollment in a qualifying degree program may be required for eligibility.
- Payment will be made as a stipend to the winner, funds are unrestricted.
How to Apply:
- Submit your essay in Microsoft Word format to support@PacificMedicalTraining.combefore November 1st, 2022.
- Name your attachment like: Smith_Mark_St_Lawrence_College.doc, which includes your last name, first name, and currently-enrolled school.
- Essays with spelling, typographical, or grammatical errors will not be given any consideration.
- In your message, please include the following information:
- Your contact information (Full name, Email address, Telephone number, Permanent address)
- Name of School
- Name of Education Program
Deadline: November 1, 2022
- Canadian Citizen (or permanent resident).
- Enrolled (or enrolling) as a full-time student in an accredited college/university within a Canadian province, for completion of an undergraduate degree in Logistics or equivalent field.
- Limit of one (1) entry per contestant.
- Employees and professional affiliates of Allied Van Lines (and their immediate families) are not eligible.
How to Apply:
Submit a brief essay of between roughly 400 and 800 words, detailing why logistics/supply chain management is important within your college major of choice. A personalized tone, referencing your firsthand experience and sentiment, is best—no need to be too formal. We’d like to know why you truly believe in logistics as the best career path for you.
Value: $1,000 per winner (maximum 4 winners)
Deadline: December 15, 2022
- Applicants must be single mothers pursuing post-secondary education in Ontario, Canada.
- Applicants must not be previous recipients of the S.M.A.R.T. Scholarship.
- Applicants must be registered with S.W.I.M. This is done by completing the entirety of the scholarship application form.
- Applicants must complete S.W.I.M.’s photography release form. This is done by completing the entirety of the scholarship application form.
How to Apply:
- Most recent resume, including any employment, academic, extracurricular, and volunteering history.
- A brief essay about your career goals; where do you see yourself in five years? (500-750 words)
- A personal statement about your experiences as a single mother. (500-750 words)
- Two letters of recommendation from references. (excluding family members)
- Proof of academic enrollment. (ex. a copy of your acceptance letter, academic timetable, or official transcript)
Value: $1,500 (three scholarships annually)
Deadline: September 1, 2022
- Applicant must have been a foster child with an official Canadian or American foster care program and agrees to having the above organization verify the same.
- Will be enrolled as a full-time student at a recognized general/ vocational College or post-secondary institution in Canada or USA as of Sept 2021.
- Canadian or American Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Applicant must be 24 years of age or less at the time of application
- Winner agrees to having his/her name, photo and post-secondary institution displayed on the Storwell website.
Deadline to Apply: Ongoing - September 1st every year
- The applicant must be a permanent resident in the USA or Ontario.
- Students must be enrolled in their final year of a full-time, two to four-year post-secondary undergraduate or graduate program in landscape management, landscape construction, horticulture landscaping, turf grass management or related field at a vocational school, community college, or University.
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence by maintaining a minimum cumulative average letter grade of B and show a desire to pursue a career in their field of study.
- Students should demonstrate leadership and an ongoing commitment to their community.
Please include the City & State/Province of your school in the subject line of your email.
The top applicants may be invited for a personal or Zoom/phone interview with the Unilock scholarship committee.
Winners will be notified by or after October 10th, 2022.
Deadline: August 31, 2022
moneyGenius 2022 Scholarship Canada and creditcardGenius 2022 Scholarship Canada
The student must:
- Be a graduate or undergraduate student enrolled and attending a Canadian university or college, and in at least the second year of their post-secondary studies.
- Demonstrate academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 3.5 (or equivalent).
- Submit an essay in Word or PDF (tell us your relationship with money in 500 words or more).
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
Upload a 500+ word essay about your relationship with money.
Deadline: October 7, 2022
For additional external bursary and scholarship opportunities please visit:
External awards submission process:
If you are an organization looking to send a scholarship or bursary for a St. Lawrence College student, please note that payment can be made by EFT, credit card over the phone, or by cheque to the following address:
St. Lawrence College
Attn: Alumni and Development Office
100 Portsmouth Avenue
Kingston, ON K7L 5A6
If you are providing the scholarship via EFT, please contact the Alumni and Development Office at email@example.com for the appropriate form.
Once we receive the funds, we will post the funds directly to the student’s tuition account under the name of your award title.
Please note that bursary funds must be reported by the student when filing a personal income tax filing, therefore a T4A will be issued at the end of the tax year from St. Lawrence College to the student (unless specified that the T4A it is being produced by the issuer of the bursary).
Note for students:
If you have a scholarship/bursary cheque from an external organization that is made out to St. Lawrence College, please send the cheque to the address above and ensure your student number and name are included.
Students who are OSAP recipients must report all monetary awards, scholarships, or bursaries received. If you are in receipt of OSAP this academic year, please contact your OSAP office immediately to have your application updated if you are the recipient of a bursary.