External scholarships and bursaries are facilitated through the Alumni & Development office.
There are a number of awards available through agencies external to St. Lawrence College. We have listed some of these below with links to the appropriate websites from which you can learn more about the award and information on how to apply. We have also included links to external award search engines.
Disclaimer: The information on this website is provided for the convenience of students only. While every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy and completeness, St. Lawrence College accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in the information provided and no responsibility for the content of the linked, non-St. Lawrence College websites. Students should independently confirm competition details and closing dates by consulting the relevant websites directly.
- Criteria: Single mothers who could not pursue a post-secondary education immediately after graduating secondary school. Check the website for more information.
- Deadline: August 1, 2021, Interested applicants can email email@example.com to apply.
- Value: Varies
- Website: www.singlewomeninmotherhood.com
- Criteria: Canadian students currently enrolled in post-secondary studies. Must write a brief essay on one of the 4 selected topics. Check website for more information.
- Deadline: November 1, 2021
- Value: $1,000
- Website: https://www.surex.com/scholarship
- Criteria: Dependents of OPSEU/SEFPO members. Check website for more information on each scholarship.
- Deadline: Varies
- Value: Varies
- Website: https://opseu.org/scholarships/
- Criteria: Residents of Leeds and Grenville who are registered in the first year of a program related to the field of developmental disabilities. Check website for more information.
- Deadline: June 15, 2021
- Value: $750-$1,000
- Website: www.developmentalservices.com
- Criteria: Students pursuing an education in the area of business, logistics, and similar fields. Check the website for more information.
- Deadline: December 15, 2021
- Value: $1,000
- Website: https://www.northamericanvanlines.ca/scholarship
- Criteria: Open to resident Ontario post-secondary students in need of financial assistance for academic, technological, or vocational training who have given back to the community in some way. Applicants must be 25 or younger as of June 30, 2021. Applicants (or their parent) must belong to a credit union which is a member of Ontario Credit Union Foundation. Check the website for full criteria and how to apply.
- Deadline: June 30, 2021
- Value: $1,000-$3,000
- Website: https://ocuf.org/bursary/
Criteria: Any student who identifies as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer or two-spirited, who demonstrates a financial need and who is attending or accepted by a post-secondary educational institution in Ontario to pursue their first post-secondary program of study. Apply online at www.bill7award.ca/apply
Deadline: August 6, 2021
- Criteria: Open to residents of Canada or United States pursuing full-time post-secondary studies. Three scholarships available so please check the website for full criteria for each scholarship and how to apply.
- Deadline: September 15, 2021
- Value: up to $3,000
- Website: www.bluearthrenewables.com/scholarships
For additional external bursary and scholarship opportunities please visit:
External awards submission process:
If you are an organization looking to send a scholarship or bursary for a St. Lawrence College student, please note that payment can be made by EFT, credit card over the phone, or by cheque to the following address:
St. Lawrence College
Attn: Alumni and Development Office
100 Portsmouth Avenue
Kingston, ON K7L 5A6
If you are providing the scholarship via EFT, please contact the Alumni and Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for the appropriate form.
Once we receive the funds, we will post the funds directly to the student’s tuition account under the name of your award title.
Please note that bursary funds must be reported by the student when filing a personal income tax filing, therefore a T4A will be issued at the end of the tax year from St. Lawrence College to the student (unless specified that the T4A it is being produced by the issuer of the bursary).
Note for students:
If you have a scholarship/bursary cheque from an external organization that is made out to St. Lawrence College, please send the cheque to the address above and ensure your student number and name are included.
Students who are OSAP recipients must report all monetary awards, scholarships, or bursaries received. If you are in receipt of OSAP this academic year, please contact your OSAP office immediately to have your application updated if you are the recipient of a bursary.