Users choosing to post or provide any such information do so at their own risk. St. Lawrence College web site is free viewing to all and consequently any email address or personal information posted becomes available to anyone viewing the site.
St. Lawrence College is in no way responsible or liable for any contact, or contents thereof, made as a result of disclosing or responding to, an email address or any other personal information.
St. Lawrence College does not use or redistribute personal information posted on this page. Submitted material is posted to this page "as is" and therefore not under the control, or the responsibility, of St. Lawrence College. Please exercise caution when deciding what information to disclose.
- Never walk alone at night. Travel in groups whenever possible.
- Keep doors and windows locked.
- Keep valuables out of sight – don’t place electronics, TVs, or other valuable articles near a window, as the glass could be smashed and the articles stolen.
- Don’t advertise when you’re away, like leaving notes on the front door letting people know you’re out, or posting on public social media pages that you’re out of town.
- Find out who is knocking before you open the door.
- Always use the door’s deadbolt – a chain lock isn’t strong enough.
- If you think you’re being followed, cross the street, change directions, or vary your pace, call 9-1-1 if you feel you’re in danger.
- Keep your keys in your possession, don’t lend them out to anyone who doesn’t live in your home.
- If you are attacked:
- If the attacker is only after your purse or other valuables, don’t resist. You don’t want to escalate the theft into a violent confrontation
- If there are people nearby, scream and draw as much attention to yourself as possible.
- Do not cover smoke detectors or remove batteries. If the smoke detector is beeping, replace the battery or tell your landlord.
- Drinking alcohol and smoking while alone is the #1 cause of fatal fires.
- Watch food carefully while cooking in the oven or on the stove.
- Extinguish a grease fire with baking soda or class B fire extinguisher.
- Never tamper with electrical wiring, and don’t overload outlets.
- Learn how to escape from a fire – know 2 ways out of every room and where the fire extinguisher is located.
- Lock your doors. All doors in your house should be locked at all times. If you have a car, make sure you keep those doors locked as well. Landlords are required to provide effective locks for residences - contact your landlord if you have concerns about any security devices in your house.
- Leave an outside light on at night.
- If you’re leaving for holiday break, or on vacation:
- Do not leave valuables on the property.
- Contact the appropriate agencies to hold your newspaper and mail
- Let your landlord know you will be away. Ask if they can keep an eye on the property.
The Kingston Student Association of St. Lawrence College has partnered with Places4Students.com, as well as RAHousing.com a company these companies provide Off-Campus Housing solutions for post-secondary students.
Their services are FREE for all students to use as an effective method of finding a place to live off-campus.
Landlords can list properties for rent by creating an account on either site.
Both sites provide great service and each provide a different user experience. Find out for yourself at:
The Brockville Student Administrative Council of St. Lawrence College has partnered with www.places4Students.com, a company that specializes in providing Off-Campus Housing solutions for post-secondary students.
This service is FREE for all students to use as an effective method of finding a place to live off-campus.
Landlords can list properties at very competitive rates (less than most other mediums of advertising).
NEW! – we are now promoting a new online registry, www.ontariostudenthousing.com which contains a variety of available rental listings that are located in the St Lawrence Cornwall Campus area This is a free service for students to find off-campus housing. If you are a landlord with a proper rental unit, you can list it for a small fee with this site.
About Ontario Student Housing:
Ontario Student Housing.com is a Canadian owned and operated website.
Since January 2005 we have provided a free service to students to search our database of student housing. We also provide a service to landlords to list student housing. Our large territory of student housing throughout the province of Ontario provides users with a one-stop website for advertising and searching for student housing.
Our mandate is to provide the most comprehensive listing of student housing for all the major universities and colleges in the province of Ontario. We believe that this is an essential service that will be of great benefit to both landlords and students.
Our goal is to offer the fastest and easiest way to match students looking for student housing with landlords offering student housing for rent. Users can search for and find student housing meeting various criteria and email landlords instantly enabling a quick connection between student and landlord.
Our future plans include many upgrades and innovations that will make this site the site of choice for students and landlords requiring a website that meets their student housing needs.
Contact the Student Union of St. Lawrence College Cornwall campus: 613.937.1518.