MENTAL WELLNESS SUPPORT FOR DOMESTIC STUDENTS
WeConnect provides all full-time domestic students and their dependents with short-term therapy, lifestyle counselling, courses and resources to improve mental and physical health. Access to clinical care services is simple and available on-demand, in-person and telephonic an all services are globally designed to directly support the needs of the domestic students who may not be in Canada. The program seeks to contribute to a resilient student community by further augmenting existing on-campus mental health resources.
Short-term Therapy Modeling
- Uncapped counselling sessions (no maximum), based on a short-term therapy model (clinically diagnosed by individual).
- The service is available to all full-time students and their dependents.
- Care is immediate by connecting with the intake team and there is no level of payment required.
- Student member Access points for Intake:
- Clinical Response Centre (CRC) via phone
- Via Website
- Via Livechat
- Via Email
- Via SMS/text
- Via iConnectYou Mobile App
Wellness Product Features
- Short Term Therapy Counselling services available virtually, in-person (in accordance with governing Covid guidelines) and telephonic.
- Global technological reach via website.
- Mobile app (iConnectYou) available on Google Play and Apple iTunes.
- Services are available twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week.
- Counsellor diverse profile/matching.
All counsellors must hold a recognized master’s degree/diploma in counselling, psychology, social work with a license that is current and in good standing, have five years of experience and hold current membership of a professional association, such as the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) or the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA).
Additional Program Enhancements
- Life Coaching
- Wellness Coaching
- Aware Mindfulness program
- Computerized Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (cCBT)
- Legal Consulting: Free 30-minute consultation with a lawyer
- Financial Consulting: Free 1 hour consultation with a Professional Financial Advisor (PFA)
This coverage is only available to domestic students who are covered by domestic health insurance. Mental wellness support for International students is covered through keep.meSAFE. Connect with your student government for more information about the Student Insurance Plan.